Social media has been a main topic when it comes to online business and how to take an offline business up and make it go viral. But most business owners do not know why social media is good for business. Remember Gangnam style, you should aim to create something which gets visibility from 1 Billion plus people 😉
My main consideration for social media started to evolve since Google started to listen to Social signals to identify which websites to rank well on search engines. So now I have no excuse but to be more actively participate on social media channels and facilitate conversations and build true fans to share the content and my business around the worldwide web. Sometimes I even ask my friends to share some love, because that really matters to send signals to Google and other search engines.
Especially for small businesses and self-employed entrepreneurs, the social media has a lot to offer, from finding clients to get publicity for their products and many more…
I’ve personally find most of my clients through Facebook and twitter and blogging. Recently I started to boost my influence on Google+ and waiting to find my first gig through Google+ very soon. Let me know what you think about My Google+ business page and any reviews, comments are greatly appreciated and you can ask me something like a free consultation for an exchange of a little review about my work or my blog, FERNANOD BIZ.
Now you might think, not another thing you have to learn about and try to figure out when you’ve already got so much going on with your newly started small local business?! Remember the Ice cream Shop example, I wrote yesterday? Go have a read if you haven’t read that article which shows you how to use online marketing and stand out of the crowd like “Seth Godin’s Purple Cow”.
Social media really is something you should give heavy consideration, because social media can be really good for your business no matter what size of a business you are.
I have used social media to sell rooms for my landlords, trade smart phones, build relationships with potential future clients, find clients for my web consulting projects, connect with other entrepreneurs who introduce me to their networks where I can find gigs or pitch how I can help them, to find advertisers for my blogs and partner websites and to teach Startups to how to leverage on Online channels while using the full potential of social media networks…
The list goes on and those are just few options which generate the most of the cash flow from my side hustle.
below I have shared the reasons why social Media is good for your business.
7 reasons why social media is good for your business:
1. You can give instant killer support. Turn your occasional unhappy customers into raving fans by dealing with them directly, quickly, and in a satisfactory manner.
2. It offers ways to get your name out there and keep your name out there. Don’t get forgotten or left behind; offer discounts or limited-time offers or whatever works for your particular company. It’s all about branding.
3. Social media also offers you a chance to show a bit of the face behind the brand. This means a lot to people.
4. It’s another way to be found – you might not be found on the first page of a Google search if you’re a little guy competing against the big guys, but you can be seen when you use social media.
5. Social media gives you targeted traffic. The ones who stick around are the ones interested in your product and company.
6. Consider social media a much less expensive way to advertise/market!
7. It allows your customers a chance to communicate with you using their preferred method. Conversations are real and valuable.
So now you saw the importance of Social media and why you should be utilizing on social media channels. Let me know, what else you know and I would like to learn from you.
If you need help setting up a WordPress Blogs, Facebook, twitter, Google+ business page or want to know the social media do’s and don’ts, I’d be happy to help. Please contact me with your needs and let’s get you benefiting from social media as soon as possible!