I did it and you can do it as well in 2015. However you must have the dedication to learn the skills that will help you do that. If you are in a city that has a demand for consultancy services, which means many local businesses are operating, that’s a perfect play ground to start your consultancy business.
First you need to identify the requirements of those local businesses in your city. Then do everything to learn and master the skills that can help local businesses to make money and be profitable. If you know how to serve businesses to make more money from their business, they will most likely pay you.
In my journey towards building a local business in United Kingdom, I found SEO is one of the most demanding consultancy service every local business is after. So I did learned everything humanly possible to rank websites on Google, Yahoo and Bing in the most effective manner… And it helped me build a five figures per month local business in London in 2014 that pays my bills plus my team’s monthly salaries by helping several businesses to go from 3 figures to 5 figures as budding entrepreneurs that help the UK economy.
One more thing, if you are living in a town or small city that does not have much local businesses or does need consultancy or pure boring.. Move out of that place immediately and do yourself a favour. Find a way to move out and build you career and live your life the way you like surrounding people you like to spend time with.
I see people living in towns/cities that are useless for their growth, but they do not do anything about it. It’s time to make a move in 2015 and create the lifestyle you dream of.
When I moved to United Kingdom long time back, I had a dream, and I wanted to move to London, start a business (I started business by touching the waters before moving to London, first I moved to London in 2012, failed with my first startup, and went back to West Midlands found job and worked there while acquiring all the skills that’s needed to build a solid business in London, then came back and now living it and loving it)
What you need to do first:
- Find a Niche you enjoy working
- Learn every skill that needs to thriving in that niche – Read a ton of Books, websites and successful people who have done it and connect with them
- Find if you city/town has a demand for what you can offer – If not move the hell out of that place
- Be Brave – Do the things that would freaking fear you
- Take risks – In a Smart way
- Learn Sales skills – This one skills will save you even if you lack every other skill – Be skilled to sell anything
- believe in your skills and start pitching to your prospects
- If you want to gets leads easily – Rank for your consultancy offer and be good at converting over the phone
The above are some tips that can help you build consultancy business in your city/town and if you need any advice support on how to go about building a thriving business connect with me and other digital entrepreneurs on this Facebook page: www.facebook.com/DigitalEntrepreneursClub