On the 18th of October the entire SERP’s of Google got shaken. There were only few winners and most of my authority websites even got smacked down places on the first page if Google. I’ve been managing several five figures per month local businesses by optimizing them to be on the top and to tell you truth, those sites even dropped below the map results which greatly affected their daily lead generation and income potential.
However in this article I want to point you out, by now I have started to notice a great come back for over 85% of the sites that went down on SERP’s, or went to the second page. Only the sites that had mass amount of low quality Web 2.0 links pointing at is still having a hard time and not showing any positive indication of getting back on SERP’s.
Did my business got affected by this Penguin 3.0 Update? Yes and I lost 6 local business clients since the 18th and two more sites are on line and by the 8th of this month they will be decided!
Now why did I loose those clients? Because they thought I’ve been doing some backhat or spammy linking to their sites and that could be the reason their sites went down. All these 6 clients were newly joined to my services and non of them were taking my services for over two months ill the date 18th, and all of those sites had pretty badly done Off page linking and those were direct consequences. And it was taking time to clean up they mess and get the attention from the Google crawler.
Did my SEO Agency’s income got affected? Yes the recurring income dropped in several thousand, however I managed to sell over £4000 worth of web development projects since the 18th of October, so all on track and I look forward to serving better for my current clients who know I will get them back on perfect spots on Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Below is one of the local business in London that was doing very well till the 18th October.
Are you Struggling with Google Penguin 3.0 Update?
If you are, there are few things you can do as a SEO consutant, Agency or for your own company website. Below are the steps of what works and what I’ve already to did to bring back the money sites to climb on the SERP’s:
- Remove the mass backlinks that are pointing at your money site with the direct anchor texts.
- Take off Web 2.0 backlinks – Only have Naked URL backlnks if they low in page authority (In a coming article I will write how you can gain massive niche relevant page authority for Web 2.0’s and make sure they are safe to link)
- Get the target keywords anchor text rations to be below 1% (I know this hard, but works well when I look at the sites that did not even shake on the SERP’s or only just went up on the 18th)
- If you are having very high authority backlinks and also your root URL is having a very high DA, then you could get away with any type of bad effets and can even spam a little and still achieve rankings.
- Get a ton of social shares and links. Now don’t got buy from Fiverr.. There are better ways to do it and you should contact me to know how we do it nicely.
- Have Google+ page fully optimized and if you are local business, get the right citations and increase the qualitative quantity
- At this moment every site I gained back was getting linked from new authority backlinks with branded anchors and naked URL’s – Honestly that’s the most safest way right now, even though the rankings takes little longer.
- Get back to content marketing – I mean seriously have a solid content marketing plan. – Try to blog every single day on your commercial websites and publish resourceful articles and let them mature and then link back to inner pages and home page. This way the root URL gains a massive authority and in the long run you are the winner.
The above are the main strategies that you should be implementing right now if you are Struggling with Google Penguin 3.0 Update!
Get in touch with me if you would like me or one of my SEO experts at ClickDo Ltd. to have a look at your Penguin beaten website and tell what’s happen and how to get back on SERP’s.