Today when I was checking the Carlton Leisure Blog which I designed last year, I wanted to think for a moment about my days at Carlton Leisure Worldwide Travels & Tours and wanted to write a small post about what I did as an Social Media Strategist & Travel Consultant.
It’s always been my interest to work with the travel industry and most of my initial knowledge on the subject of Online Marketing was acquired through my days at Aitken Spence Hotel Managements (Pvt) Ltd. working as a Corporate e-Business Development professional.
From that time, I have been managing and implementing intensive online marketing solutions to reach the global customers for hospitality service providers I work with.
So let me share the role and what I did in a summary:
Social Strategist & Travel Consultant
Social Strategist Role:
Companies all over the world has realized the need of to hire someone to help lead them into the world of Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, pinterest, Corporate Blogs or any other social network that emerges as a core requirement to succeed in the online market place. This is where my role aligned at the company.
Some of the Duties:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all Carlton Leisure online platforms.
- Lead the development of organization-wide social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media.
- Mentor and provide training to communication and management professionals throughout the organization on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing content for social networks.
- Work with all to explore and identify ways to integrate social media into business strategies and marketing campaigns.
Travel Consultant Role:
The world has more options and technological developments taken place. The life and travel have become much easier. But not everyone knows how to arrange their best travel experience or simply they do not have time with their busy schedules. So when a person walks into a travel & hospitality service provider without a clear idea of where they’d like to go on holiday, I take the responsibility as a travel consultant to give a well-informed, appropriate advice to all my clients about where and when to travel based on their needs.
Some of my duties will include:
- Advising customers on their travel requirements
- Arranging flights, and Hotel accommodation.
- Using a booking system to secure holidays.
- Advising clients on travel arrangements.
- Dealing with complaints or refunds and delighting the customers.
The above points are the main tasks you may need to consider if you are planning a career as a Social Media Strategist or to want become a Travel Consultant who works at a large travel and tours organization or even if you are thinking of starting your own travel agency.
When I think about my passion for travel, the job as a Travel Consultant helped my gain a wealth of knowledge about the best international exotic locations and also how to find the best travel deals as mentioned on Hack The System and Chris Gguillebeau at Travel Hacking.
Note for You: If you’re interest in learning some insights on how become an expert in Social Media & Travel Consultancy, you may contact me below. ** I keep a very small private client list helping people who need to hit the highest level of social media success.
Contact me on mobile for a quick advice or arrange an Skype appointment: +44(0)7576604928
or simple write to: