Search Engine Optimization (SEO) forms a major part of digital marketing strategy. It is the latest SEO techniques and tools which makes your website prominent among billions of others existing in the web. The leading search engines have their own “algorithms”, which analyze and evaluate each site, based on a number of variables. These algorithms are complex systems strictly examining each and every site. Most of the sites cannot make it to the first page of search results. Only a few reach the top positions.
Ever thought why only these make it to the top, while almost everyone today applies SEO techniques? Well, the sites making it to the top have the latest SEO techniques and highly effective methods applied to them. If you want your site to reach the top, you need to update your SEO methods and go for the latest ones. This article discusses about some of the latest and highly efficient SEO techniques, which are capable of getting the desired results.
Listed below are some Latest SEO techniques to enhance your website’s visibility:
1. Inspect your website
While you are trying to increase your site’s ranks, even your competitors are trying the same. Review your site again and again to ensure that your site is better than theirs.
- In case your site caters to a specific type of search, see to it whether the site has all the information related to that search query.
- Try to find out what your site offers that is not offered by the sites of your competitors.
- Can your site be trusted for that specific information area? Does it have some supporting images, videos and documents, rather than simply having pages laden with text? Try to answer these questions honestly.
- Try to find out the pages or parts of your website that are user friendly i.e., are visited more as compared to other parts. Try to get a reason behind this.
2. Content should be kept clean.
The website should be very clear and easy to navigate. Clean the site and remove irrelevant content.
- Follow the guidelines given by Google’s Webmaster. This is a reliable way for nearing the analyzing variables of Google.
- To ensure ease of access for your site, you need to authorize it by W3C. The leading search engines show more interest in sites that can be used conveniently by users. These readers may also include the ones with visual limitations, or who read websites depending on software.
- HTML tags should be used like images, Meta description; Title, etc. ensure that these tags consist of the search keywords, which are aimed to attain a higher rank in search result’s page. It is recommended to avoid adding keywords forcefully through stuffed and hidden links. This would result in over-optimization of the page.
3. The title and description should be good.
On the search results page, the results are displayed with a title, URL and a description. Google considers the number of times a page is clicked as a variable to determine the page rank. If a page is not clicked a good amount of times, Google may lower its rank. The description and title play a major role in attracting the visitors to click the page.
- The description and title should be relevant to the search item.
- You may take help from Google’s Keyword Tool to know the actively used keywords.
- Title and description create the first impression of your site. So, they must be attractive and relevant.
- You can also offer some information regarding the benefits of viewing your site.
4. The link profile should be natural.
Do not use any illegal method of building links like link farming or buying links. The leading search engines may ban your site from being displayed at all on the result’s pages.
- Have only the links that are required.
- Get links from various sources instead of only one or two places. You can some links from relevant websites, blogs and directories.
- It is wise to get links from places located in your own country.
- Have backlinks that are relevant to the content.
5. Implement social sharing
Social networking can be powerful tool of SEO. Design your content to be shared easily on the leading social networking sites ruling the minds of the people in this era.
- You can make your content sharable by adding buttons in your site, which link the social networking sites.
- Bloggers are suggested to post or update their content regularly.
- If your targeted readers are using a specific social networking site, make sure to be present there.
- The integration of social media markets your website efficiently to your targeted audience.
6. Your site should be mobile friendly.
In many areas of the world, such as South Africa, a major part of the search is done with the help of mobile devices. As the mobile technology is advancing, more number of visitors makes use of mobiles for their internet surfing needs, as compared to the use of desktops.
- Do not replicate your site built for desktop, to be used for mobile devices. The browsing is carried out differently in mobile devices, as compared to desktops and laptops. Go for creating a site version that is mobile friendly.
- It is recommended to minimize the size of pages, placing the important information in the topmost parts. This does not require the reader to scroll down much to find what he/she wants.
- If you have feedback forms or other such forms needing inputs from users, keep their length as short as possible. Users generally are not willing to fill up long forms.
Thus, keeping in mind these techniques, you will be able increase the prominence of your site among the others. This would eventually strengthen your digital marketing strategy.
With all been said, if you would like to know every secret on the planet to rank your websites, clients website or simply put up affiliate niche site and start making money, I have put up the “SEO Blueprint”
These are exact techniques I used to rank for extremely competitive keywords like “SEO outsourcing“, “WordPress Training London” and even ranked one of my most recent local business clients on the first page for literally every keyword in the “Residential Rubbish Removal” <Google to see for yourself to dominate their niche rubbish removal in London niche in under 30 days.
Click on the eBook below to see the details:
Alex Mathew is a proficient author writing articles on auction of Web design, Digital marketing and other similar topics.
He contributes regularly for marketing agency Leeds and follows me on Google+.