Just had the opportunity to watch a great talk by James Altucher which was published by Derek Halpern, who is the founder of Social Triggers, the top marketing and psychology blog with more than 100,000 readers each month.
Social Triggers has been one of my top blogs which I read every time when I get an email from Derek about his new bog posts. Few weeks back Derek has done his first live workshop, where he has invited James Altucher to give a presentation on selling yourself. A topic everyone wants to know more these days.
If you don’t know about James Altucher much he is an American hedge fund manager, entrepreneur, and best-selling author. He has written several book which I have listed below:
- How to Be the Luckiest Person Alive!
- I Was Blind But Now I See: Time to Be Happy
- The Wall Street Journal Guide to Investing in the Apocalypse: Make Money by Seeing Opportunity Where Others See Peril
- 40 Alternatives to College
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Mediocre People
- Trade Like a Hedge Fund: 20 Successful Uncorrelated Strategies and Techniques to Winning Profits (Wiley Trading)
- Altucher Confidential: Ideas for a World Out of Balance
- Live Your Truth
- The Forever Portfolio: How to Pick Stocks That You Can Hold for the Long Run
- Trade Like Warren Buffett (Wiley Trading)
- Altucher Confidential: Ideas for a World out of Balance: 1 (A Round Table Comic)
- SuperCash: The New Hedge Fund Capitalism (Wiley Trading)
- Trade Like Warren Buffett: Trading Series, Book 222 (Wiley Trading)
- Traden wie die Hedgefonds: 20 “Heuschrecken-Strategien” für mehr Erfolg an der Börse
- Choose Yourself!
And that is one long list of great books written James Altucher in the last decade and half. Also to get more amazing ideas and read more about him you may read his blog.
This is something James has mentioned about his blog posting, “As soon as I publish a post I get scared to death. Is it good? Will people re-tweet? Will one part of the audience of this blog like it at the expense of another part of the audience. Will I get Facebook Likes?”
Further explaining he says “I have to stop clinging to these things but you also need to respect the audience. I don’t know. It’s a little bit confusing to me. I don’t have the confidence of a real writer yet.”
Here are four of James Altucher’s favorites from his blog:
- How I screwed Yasser Arafat out of $2mm (and lost another $100mm in the process)
- It’s Your Fault:
- I’m Guilty of Torturing Women
- The Girl Whose Name Was a Curse
Also he has some great advice for young entrepreneurs. He tells “Only build something you really want to use yourself.”
- He tells to follow these 100 Rules: The 100 Rules for Being a Good Entrepreneur:
- And, in particular this: The Easiest Way to Succeed as an Entrepreneur
So now you know a lot about James, you might want to know how Makes Millions, Loses It All, And Bounces Back Stronger Than Ever!!
Watch the video and go give a big thank to Derek at Social Triggers. The man who shared this video with you.
What James Altucher Can Teach You About Starting A Business
If you like this video please go ahead and share with you friend and family whom you think might benefit form the message.