It’s a world where people have less time to listen to what you have to say, so not knowing how to tell your business story in 60 seconds will lead you with no attention and prospects to sell. However if you can make it short and sweet they might pay attention.
Unfortunately, most of the business owners and Startup entrepreneurs don’t think enough about their business’s story and how it comes across to their target audience. After being in international business and participating in thousands of online business communities I can say that with confidence because I’ve witnessed many ineffective pitches at conferences and business events in Europe, especially in London.
At the last Weekend Business Incubator Boot camp hosted by Wilson Luna which I attended, I asked some people what they did, what their business is about. Some of their responses started with, “That’s a good question…” several minutes later, most of them were still trying to describe their business, and I was trying to find a polite way out of the conversation. I even had to leave this lady while she was talking even after I said I have to go talk to my friend 🙂
[avatar user=”fernandobiz” size=”thumbnail” align=”left”]
As an online business development consultant and small business coach, I always try to find the best communication strategies and the perfect pitch to convey my message.
Today after hours of searching and reading online I finally came across a four-step exercise by Communications coach Carmine Gallo that will work for any company or product. He shares 4 effective tips on how to craft your business story while covering all the essential elements, so you tell it in 60 seconds.
Carmine tells, you have to simply answer each of the following four questions in no more than two sentences:
- What do you do?
- What problem do you solve?
- How is your product or service different?
- Why should I care?
How to tell your business story in 60 seconds?
So now you should be having a precise answer for next time when someone asks what you do or what your business is about?
- How a Retail Business Incubator Can Change Your Life (scottsmarketplace.com)
- 12 Business Incubators Changing The World (forbes.com)
- SlideShare: Steve Jobs’ 10 Presentation Tactics (fuelingnewbusiness.com)
- What makes a great startup incubator? Job & revenue creation? Smart mentors? Exits? (medcitynews.com)
- Where to Find a Community If You’re a Solopreneur (entrepreneur.com)
- Former Business Owner, Educator Opens The Growth Coach of Aurora (prweb.com)
- Business Incubators Now Have a New Partner in Helping Startups Succeed (prweb.com)