This is a question I hope every parent asks in 2014. When you look at the world and the competitive market place and the less job opportunities, it’s your obligation to take the initiative and do something about it.
If you look at most of the college graduates and even Phd holders working at paces like Sainsbury, Tesco or worst at MacDonald’s, especially in the United Kingdom, I ask my self why those people don’t want to do something that matters? Most of the people are pretty smart and can get some support to start a business. But they are scared or never thought they could do it.
One of the reasons why I’m writing this article today is, my friend I spoke this morning seems to be having a very hard time at his Job in London. Working at a large hospitality agency but feeling horribly stressed and sad about that fact he had to go to that job every day and only earn less than £3000 per month.
So what should you do in 2014?
- Identify your skills – Take time and think what you want to do for the rest of your life.
- Take notes and put down an action plan to acquire new skills, before I was first starting my web services and local search engine optimization company, I had no professional skills. I went on a journey of 6 months, mastering and hammering the skills to become a bad ass SEO marketer who gets results.
- Read – reading given you the understanding and the knowledge to think clear and learn new things. Self studying is a great way to learn and rapidly cut down you learning curve and money spending at expensive university.
- Build your entrepreneurial Network – This is very important from the beginning if you are looking forward get sales or offering your services and build your brand equity.
How to start a business in 2014?
Start a blog, today. Yes today, and write about your ideas learning and the business your are about to build. Building authority will greatly help you become profitable in 2014 and years to come.
Test the market – Do market research to identify the loop holes. Or first starting getting involved with a person who is already running a profitable business.
Read the below mentioned books:
- How To Start a Business without Any Money
- How to Start a Creative Business: the jargon-free guide for creative entrepreneurs
- The Small Business Start-Up Workbook: A step-by-step guide to starting the business you’ve dreamed of
- Going Self-employed: How to Start Out in Business on Your Own – and succeed!
So how will you create work for your Children?
If you grew up your business all the way till your kids grow to an age of 16+, then they have work at the daddy’s office or corporation. You should have a larger than life vision, when you are starting a business.
This is something I told Anudadha Dias, the Owner of Studio Vimukthi. The photography Studio Startup, is now growing as the best Photographer in Colombo Sri Lanka, I told him your kids are going to be very proud one day about the decisions you made!
Think about it and start helping the society with starting a business. Now stop worrying about the people who would miss this article, they will of course work for you or someone else for the rest of their life’s.
If this message resonates with you or you think you want to start a business in 2014, join us at https://www.facebook.com/FuturistBusiness where we help people build profitable businesses in their local area.
Also you can join me at Facebook and ask me any questions directly on my wall: https://www.facebook.com/FernandoSocialLife
Have a great day!