Do you know what is a SSL Certificate? I’ve heard about it but never really paid much attention on learning what they are. Today while looking for more ways to make money online I found out that you can make money Reselling SSL certificates.
So what is a SSL Certificate?
SSL certificate is something that websites often use in order to prove that their website is secured and protected. These certificates are digitally “signed” by a certificate authority that people already trust and they verify and identify of a secure site. Especially If you are running a eCommerce site this very important.
When do you need them?
There are two main reasons you might need an SSL Certificate:
- If customers purchase products on your website
- If your website has a form for customers to fill out
The GoDaddy website explains further saying “Having an SSL cert not only keeps your customers safe, it also gives your business credibility. When customers see “https” in their browser when visiting your site, they know you care about their security.”
So if you are responsible in keeping your customers’ information secure from online threats, it is one of your top priorities.
So how can you use this opportunity to make money online? This is the question I wanted to find out the answer.
As you may know many website visitors need to know if a website is secure before they submit the payment or personal information, so webmasters and website owners need a SSL certificates. So this is your chance to get your sales machine on. If you want to learn more about sales and how to become “The Ultimate Sale Machine” you may search it on Amazon for Ultimate Sale Machine by Fernando biz.
Also if you can become a partner with any company that offers and resell them on their behalf, this would be a much easier business for you.
The companies which sell SSL certificates will either sell their certificates to you at a discount, and you can resell them, or they will offer you incentives based on the number of sales you make. You can find examples of such incentives here or here.
To be a partner to resell, here are some steps you can take:
- Browse the net and make a list of companies that offer SSL certificates
- Sign up for partnership account with the company
- Identify potential customers and make the sales
- Provide a list of number of sales you made for the month to the company
- Enjoy the sales incentive
These are some of the top tips on how you can get started with a Reselling SSL Certificate business. If you are a person who has a good experience in Web dynamics and has created an authority in online marketing industry this is your opportunity.
How much money can you make by reselling SSL certificates?
All depends how knowledgeable you are and how good you are at negotiating the prices. As I mentioned you earlier you may read the recommended eBook. However below I have provided some tips for you on how much revenue you may earn reselling .
- If the companies with which you have become a partner offer sales incentives, then it depends on the number of certificates you sell and how much that particular company is offering.
- If the companies with which you have become a partner offer certificates at discounted prices for you, then your profit will be the margin that you keep for yourself.
- If you have bought matured SSL certificates this may also affect how much you can earn by selling them.
When we look at the Benefits of reselling, you can see that it is easier to find interested organizations, because they must keep their customers safe from data thieves from stealing their valuable information. Also renewing those certificates when they expire doe not take much effort once they are installed.
And you can also make money by installing SSL Certificates you sell to your potential customers. This makes reselling an efficient and reliable source of making money from your web-based business.