Have you ever thought about becoming an Application Tester and make some money on side? This is a very demanding job and you may need to have some patience and mindset to calmly do the work. the Article explains how can get started and where to look for work.
Application Testing can involve testing websites in all the browsers and in all operating systems to make sure that an application will work for any possible user.
How does the Wiki and Online academics explain an Application Tester?
“Software testing is an investigation conducted to provide stakeholders with information about the quality of the product or service under test.Software testing can also provide an objective, independent view of the software to allow the business to appreciate and understand the risks of software implementation. Test techniques include, but are not limited to, the process of executing a program or application with the intent of finding software bugs (errors or other defects).”
At times, application tester is given various scenarios to test different outcomes (ie “go here, then here, then here”). And further changes or enhancements to the software application will be done by a company based on the testing results that application testers provide.
Some companies, like this one, ONLY provide application testing services and they are looking new application testers.
In order for you to become an Application Tester, here are some steps you can take:
- Browse through the internet and search for “Application Testing jobs”
- Get yourself registered in freelancing sites like Elance.com, Guru.com, and Odesk.com, and look for such jobs.
- Get yourself registered in companies which provide such services and let them know that you are interested in taking up such jobs (Example: Mindtree)
- You can even create your own site and list the services you offer. Start advertising on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods such as blogging and content markeitng
- Create your Website and Start Advertising as a professional Company in Business
- Use PPC Advertising to drive targeted traffic to your services page.
- Once you get hired, provide a detailed and effective report about the application and its bug to the company
How much money can you make out of such jobs?
- You can expect anything from £5 – £18 per hour depending on the difficulty and the time involved
- Always try to position yourself as an expert Application tester
- When you have solid track record you can start charging more and go up to £60 -£100 per hour or even earn like consultant who charges £300 at Deloitte.
Web Application Tester – Premier Group Recruitment – Details. Web Application Tester Hours: Full Time Reports to: Projects Delivery Manager This role is responsible for testing all new implementations and applications. This person must be highly organised, communicative and …
Urgent need for Sr. QA Analyst – Oracle application tester – Job Title:Sr. QA Analyst – Oracle application tester. Location: Minneapolis, MN. Duration: 3 months Contract. REQUIRED SKILLS: 5 to 7 years Testing. Oracle App Testing exp (EBS). Work with an Oracle Business Systems …
Looking for application tester in Austria | Testen / QS – Freelancer.com – my Android application and verify a key concept of my application. You need to fulfill these requirements: Have an Android handset – Please specify model Have a subscription with T-Mobile.