These days so many people are interested in starting their own SEO business. I find this very fascinating and loving every aspect of how I can help them succeed. However most of the people who have started business have been stuck at the same place with out growing the business to become profitable and grow to the level they want in 2014.
In this article I want share with you the 10 strategies that helped me grow my SEO Business and also keep profiting every month under massive fluctuation in the digital economy. It’s been one of the best years for me and my team at ClickDo Ltd. which is my digital marketing agency in London that cater to some of the thriving local businesses in the city.
Action is the Only Way to Grow Your Business
It’s very important that you do the things that actually help you grow your SEO business, because it’s easy to get carried away with little things that does not add value to the bottom line of your business.
I always tell my team to focus on the activities that adds value to clients as well as helps us makes profits every month. If you run a business with team it’s very important that you communicate them what’s your vision and the goals for the year.
10 Strategies to build you business
- Optimize your business website for local searches – Ex: This site ranks for “Local SEO Consultant” and “SEO Company Harrow” which bring me in weekly leads that has the potential convert. Also little sad though as my site went back to the second page for “SEO Consultant London” and hopefully it comes back to top places on SERP’s (*If you are reading this article I ask you for share on this URL: www.fernandobiz.com and that would be a gift for me 🙂
- Use Google PPC if you have new website and needs quick traction the Google – This helps to get momentum
- Test your website for conversion optimization – Use crazy Egg, Heat Map
- Be Extremely creative about how you position you brand on the web
- Your Email Subscriber section your website with nicely done call to action. – Use Sumome
- Planing is good but put it down to action as soon as possible. – Fail early and learn and get back on your grind
- Focus Focus on getting new clients every week. That’s the only of growing your business and continuously be profitable. I used plan around with few clients in the early days, but the, realized I got to get on beast mode and pitch everyday.
- Use Email marketing – Not the traditional way though. Research your target customers/client and email a tailor made email to the,. That’s the best way to get them on the phone and have face to face meeting. Always try to have a meeting as soon as you can seal the deal.
- Have your business website ranked for some term, because no one wants to work with a SEO consultant/Agency/Company that never ranked themselves for competitive keyword.
- Do the above every day. As I said focus on getting more clients. Have a Goal 4-5 new clients a month.
Some tip to grow your SEO business rapidly through your own business website
- Capture leads on your website – First you must rank that!
- Pitch Through EMail
- Have a perfectly done Call to action on every marketing material you use
- Eliminate distraction on your website – I know www.fernandobiz.com kind of distracting, but got to www.clickdo.co.uk for now
- Have a Sign up forms
- Focus on Getting people on your email
**Put a hallow bar on your website, popups, leadboxes. Check the https://email1k.com/
Jack Influencer Audience: Find an authority in your niche and do whatever it takes to get in front of their audience. I know this hard but try it ask for it..
Have Lead Magnets done on your website. Create a valuable give away and have it placed on your lead pages and optimize those pages for best rankings. I used to rank for “SEO Blueprint” little while ago and even though it had like 100 search months, landing those people who were interested in learning SEO helped me et people take my SEO courses Online and offline in London.
When creating lead pages, make it simple and eliminate distractions. As it’s said to be converting better.
Did I tell you that you should be doing email marketing 2-3 times a week. I found some of best clients by emailing to my connections on LinkedIn.
That’s it for now and let me cover some strategies that you can actually use to start your own 5-10 client SEO business in your local areas in next 3-6 months and have solid full time income and maybe leave your job or just have side income.